Tuesday, April 7, 2009

traditions. . .



Zeli Tradition #44: The Easter Egg Hunt at the New Stanton Fire Hall. . .

I was so upset because I thought that we missed it this year. Usually, we can find the dates in our little local paper, The Advisor. But, when they discontinued issuing it about 2 years ago (?), finding out the dates was a little harder. Last year, I happened to see a sign about it after I picked Jack up from Kindergarten. This year, (since he rides the bus) I didn't see any signs (since I really don't get into New Stanton that often). And when Saturday arrived, I was heartbroken.

I compromised by beginning to plan a little hunt in our own backyard for the boys (something I did with my sisters a couple years when I was older. . .).

However, a quick stop in New Stanton for breakfast, and we found that the egg hunt was scheduled for Sunday afternoon, and that we hadn't missed it after all. . .
A wonderful afternoon. . . spent munching on hot dogs and chippies. . . Hunting for brightly colored eggs in Easter grass. . .
And discovering lots of goodies. . . and coins. . .
And chocolates. . .
And visiting with the Easter bunny. Wonderful moments. . . making wonderful memories. . . I can say that being a Mama is the best job in the whole world. . .

No comments: