Thursday, July 1, 2010

tonight. . .

Luke and Ethan. . . Bella and Max. . . and I went walking. Luke wanted so much to walk Bella. And he ran ahead with her trotting happily beside him [Max was not so happy to be left behind, but it was ok]. . .

We came home just as the lightning bugs were coming out. . . And he caught three very quickly. We put them in the huge [plastic] pretzel jar now officially the "lightning bug jar". . . [I remember using a huge glass pickle jar when Erin and I would catch them.]

[Can it be a jar if it's plastic? . . . ]

Tonight, Sam taught Jack how to mow the lawn. . . a real "mow mow". . . and he did three big lines in the grass. . . I missed it [we were walking], but I saw his handiwork. . . and he was so proud. . .

Tonight Jack and I worked on a Lego castle. . .

Tonight, as Ethan and I lay on the big bed, he swung his arms up and down. . . Quiet. . . But so active. . . trying to fly? . . . trying to stay awake? . . . And then he would quiet. . . And I would be sure he had finally given up, and sleep had won for another evening. . . And then his little blue eyes would peek above his blankie. . . and shine. . . . and he would smile the biggest, sweetest smile. . . And then back to flying. . .

Tonight we roasted marshmallows and watched the stars. And Luke wanted to curl up in my lap. He said he was almost dreaming. And then he fell asleep like he did when he was just a baby. All curled up in my lap. Smelling sweet. And feeling so small. Mama, you're comforable. And Jack found his way to the back porch, to fall alseep on the wicker couch. . . his favorite sleeping spot. . . Dreaming of Legos I'm sure. . .

Tonight the house is quiet. All my boys are sleeping. The air is cool. And I am ready to dream of flying. . .

No comments: