Wednesday, September 9, 2009

where babies come from .. .. ..

As you know, Jack's best thought-provoking, gut-wrenching questions come at bedtime. . .when Sam is otherwise busy with something else. . . and it's just Mama left to stammer and stutter and reveal the darkest secrets of the world.

We've already had the how will the baby come out of your belly, Mama talk. Revealing that the baby will indeed come out of Mama's wiener which is much different from a boy's wiener (sorry, just can't bring myself to get more technical with the body names).

So, last night, Jack told me that he was ready for me to Pee the baby out, right now, Mama. Interesting as that sounds, I told him that the baby was not ready yet, and it was a little more complicated than just peeing the baby out.

Well it comes out of your wiener, right?

Well, yeah.

How?

Well, there's a hole there.

Can boys have babies?

No. Boys and girls bodies are different. And just girls' bodies are made for having babies.

Why? My wiener has a hole.

Yes it does.

Isn't it big enough?

No, not quite.

Well, I wish this boy could have a baby. Unless it hurts. Does it hurt to have a baby?

Oh yes, it hurts.

Well then I don't want to have a baby.

No comments: