Monday, April 5, 2010

and back to Monday. . .

Putting Ethan on his belly is an exercise in futility. Belly time, he laughs. He just plants his face into the floor. . .so he can't breathe. . .so I'll pick him up quickly, without any effort on his part. It's a baby conspiracy, I tell you.



But, today I realized that he has his four month appointment next week. Next week! And I know that Dr. Talamo is going to ask me if Master Ethan is holding up his head a little steadier. . .if he has rolled over yet. . . and that I will have to confess that Master Ethan refuses to hold his little head up when I put him on his belly. That he's a slacker, and pushes his little nose into the carpet so he cannot breathe. . .and I fall for it every time.

So, I put him on his belly this afternoon in front of his little singing ally-gator mirror. . .



And he held his little head up and laughed at the baby in the mirror. . .



And then rolled over!



He rolled over! [Does it count as rolling over or falling over?] So very exciting!

I cheered and laughed and clapped. And he grinned. So, I put him back on his belly to try for a second time. And, he planted his little nose in the carpet. Ahhh. . . . .

Tonight. . . I held Ethan in my lap as Jack finished his homework. Jack was reading a story (his usual Monday night homework).

And every other sentence, he would pause. . .open his mouth wide and yawn loudly [fakely]. . .and glance up at him, stiffling a grin. . . Over and over and over. Throughout the whole 50 page story (or so it seemed). Ethan laughed and laughed at his brother's antics. Such a little prankster. Must be learning new little tricks from his friends at school. [And let me tell you how hard it is to not yawn when someone in front of you is yawning a ba-jillion times.]


Good days here at the Zeli house.

No comments: