Sunday, August 1, 2010

on and off the needles. . .

Friday, I finished this little hat I started last winter.


Jack wanted a "golden" hat (his favorite color: gold). I found this yarn online at Blue Moon Fiber Arts. Though the orangey-yellowy look to it gave it a golden feel.

Ever since we visited the beach, and I stopped at that cute little yarn store, I have been waiting for fall to get here . . . projects in mind . . . [because fall = cool weather = a perfect time to cuddle down on the couch with a cup of tea and a set of knitting needles].

So, we woke up Thursday to grey skies and rain-dropped windows. . . Luke and I settled down on the couch to watch some Dora (he was beginning a head cold with a fever). . . and I could no longer resist the temptation to pick up my needles.

Found the pattern for this Seaman's Cap at Ravelry. Loved it. Knitted up easily (for me the beginner), and Jack loves it. Exciting.



Now, I'm plotting my next projects. . . I started a hat (green, of course) for me. I picked up the pattern in Ligonier for Jack (as the saleslady assured me it didn't look girly. . .). Didn't think it was right for him, so it's going to be mine. It has cables. . .so I'm looking to grow my skills, I guess (look out YouTube, I'll be visiting soon).

A Gryffindor scarf for my budding wizard (hopefully in time for Halloween). . . A shawl for me. . . Hats for the biggest and smallest of the Zeli boys. And maybe a scarf.

Me and my grand plans. . . I might finish the hat in time for next spring. . .

No comments: