Wednesday, November 12, 2008

five minutes later. . .

Slept on the couch again last night. . . Ugh. . . Hate having the flu that wakes me up every 45 minutes to cough. . .blow my nose. . .and drink half a glass of water to ease my dry throat. . . But, let me tell you, having a comfy couch makes a big difference. So, waking up every 45 minutes these past two nights haven't been to bad. Loved looking out the big living room window at the cloudy night sky. . .silhoutted by the branches of Sally's trees. . . Melting into the comfy brown couch and a million and one pillows. . . Under my sweet pink (and so warm) quilt. . . (see: ).

So, if I have to be sick. . . At least it's a happy place to be. . .

But. . . I digress. . . (and that's where Jack get's it from. . .)

I woke up later than usual this morning. . . Heard Sam turn on the shower upstairs, and groaned to see that it was 6:06. . . And knowing I have to walk this morning. . . Poor Maxey gave me those eyes all day long yesterday because I neglected the whole walk thing. . .

So, we walked off the porch at 6:16 this am. . . And let me tell you, the world is such a different place five minutes later. . .

Less traffic that tried to run me down. . . Quite a surprise there. . . Usually I am hugging the curb, squeezing my eyes shut at least a dozen times. . . Not so much this morning. We still hugged the curb almost a dozen times. . . But the passing cars weren't going warp speed. . . Nice.

Met our walking gal friends a little sooner on the walk (OK, alot sooner. . .probably one block from the house on our way out the door, instead of on our return trip maybe three blocks from the house). They both wear these flashing red lights. . . Which scream circus to me. . . Or maybe traffic light. . . Anyway, counting the amount of times I feel the passing breeze of the odd Civic or White RedNeck Truck, I'm thinking maybe I need to break down and get two. . . For the dogs, of course. . .

Anyway. . . Quite a different world this morning. Makes you ponder how being somewhere five minutes sooner or later sometimes changes your life. . . Which is really a little too deep for my hazy thoughts at 6 am any morning. . .

No comments: