Thursday, June 5, 2008

last day of school. . .

I cannot believe that 180 days ago we were here. . .waiting for the bus to come for the very first time. . . And how nervous I was about letting my little boy go. . . All alone into a big public school world. . . Without me. . . Without any ideas of how he would be spending those hours away. . . Who he was meeting. . . And that he would be beyond my protection and in the hands of someone that I didn't know. . .

180 mornings have gone by. . .

Little conversations. . . Observing the world around us. . . Little stories shared. . . Discussing our dreams. . . Jokes. . . Running to catch the bus. . . Missing the bus. . .

So many mornings. . .

And here we are. . . Waiting for the bus for the very last time. . .

Feeling a little nostalgic. . . And trying to grasp the idea that my little boy took Kindergarten in stride. . . And bloomed so beautifully. . . Into a boy who knows the rules of school: what's expected of him and how to behave. . . About different people he will meet during his life's journey. . . Sight words and sounding out letters and reading!. . . And addition. . . And counting by 2's and 5's and 10's. . . Delightedly counting under his breath as he plays (often to 200). . .

So very proud. . .

No comments: