Monday, October 13, 2008

good morning, monday. . .

why did you make my weekend fly by so quickly? So eager to greet us once again. . . you made Saturday and Sunday mere dreams drifting away from my stretching fingertips. . . disappearing into the mist of my memories. . .

Max and Dude and I enjoyed our morning walk. . . even in the dark. . . crunching through some fall leaf goodness. . . morning music. . .

And morning coffee and quiet before the boys rise. . . Enjoying some of my favorite family stories. . .

Sheye Rosemeyer for beautiful photography. . . and poignant stories that make me hug my babies a little tighter, cherishing every moment. . .

Nora Griffin for some scrapbookery inspiration. . .

and SouleMama for more beautiful photography. . . and simple living. . . good cooking. . . and creative moments with family. . .

A quick ten minutes. . . and I run upstairs to help Jack greet a new week. . .
finding him curled up with his feet on his pillow. . . so cozy in his spiderman pj's (love that he used to call them jj's). . .

Breakfast and lunch making. . . time for a quick story on the porch before the bus arrived (Wiggles by the author of Click, Clack, Moo! and Duck for President. . . a definite Zeli favorite. . . Wiggles was also very cute). . .

And now, while the dishwasher hums away in the kitchen and Franklin is off on an adventure (that song has been playing in my head all weekend. . . did you know you can make up words to that song to fit any situation. . . hey it's Maxie. . . chewin his bone. . . ). . . And I'm making a plan for the week.

Thinking maybe we'll grocery shop tomorrow. . . Laundry today. . . Although I'm peeking at the ads and thinking maybe I should grab some Star House sales (a bit of pre-Christmas shopping) today.

But, it's Monday. . . all too soon. . . and I'm wishing my coffee cup was a little fuller, and the sun not quite so high over the mountains in the distance. . .

No comments: