Tuesday, October 27, 2009

quiet day. . .

No running. . . no lists. . . Just a quiet day, to rest my big baby belly. . . And just be. . .

A baking day. . .

Spending the morning in the kitchen. . . Making nutter butter ghosts for Sam to take to work. . .



And ghosts toppers
[inspired by Martha Stewart's Chocolate Marshmallow Ghost Cake]
for Jack's cupcakes for his school Halloween party.


And banana bread. . . The smell coming from the oven, filling our home with memories from my childhood. . .


As I sprayed the bread dishes with Pam, I remembered how my mom used to grease the pans before baking. . .wax paper dipped in Crisco. . .and then covered with flour. . .




Perfect and delicious, warm from the oven. . .

And then settling down with a cup of hot tea. . . my growing baby Santa hat on my knitting needles. . . and Luke, watching some Halloween Backyardigans... ... ...

A day not to worry that I am a million tasks behind before the baby arrives. . . and Christmas arrives. . . A day to just chat about silliness and Thomas the train. . . and sip my tea. . . and dream of that little bundle that is coming oh so quickly. . .


We definitely need more of these quiet days. . .

No comments: