Wednesday, February 18, 2009

going to school. . .


Yesterday, while getting Jack ready to go out the door and on the bus (how is it that we are always running behind?). . . I told Luke that he would be getting ready next to go to school. . .


Yes. I go to school. I ride my bus. I get my backpack.


And was so terribly (and loudly) disappointed that he would not be riding Jack's bus. . . or any bus. . . that buses don't go to Miss Lynn's school . . .


I not go in my car. I go in my bus.


Over and over and over. . .


But, after getting Jack to the bus (and Luke waiting, face pressed against the glass door), he was happy to wear his little backpack around the house (and to school) instead. And wore it all day long, quite happily. He made sure to pack it with his new buddy James. And a star that he cut out and colored in school.


Maybe he is more ready for school than I thought. . .

No comments: