Tuesday, February 24, 2009

happy my belly, mama

Lukey came down with the stomach flu portion of that bug going around yesterday. . . and last night. . . all night. . . Until every blanket in the house was waiting in the basement to be washed. . . at 3 am. . . And Mama had yet to let her head hit the pillow. . .

The two of us slept in the living room. . . Lukey on the couch. . . Mama in a sleeping bag on the floor. Sleeping bag #2, that is. Sleeping bag #1 was christened by Bella. That would be the warmer sleeping bag. The thicker, plumpier, comfier one. . .

And then Mama's jammies. . . the warm fleecy guys I ordered for Christmas eve. . . the ones that would keep me warm while I slept on the living room floor. . . Well, they ended up down in the basement in front of the washer too. . .

The good news is that he is feeling much better this morning. Woke up with a scream at 7 am (as I stumbled, entangled in sleeping bag #2, grabbing for the little white bucket). Apple juuuice! I need apple juice!

I asked him how he was feeling, and he proclaimed himself better. I happy. Happy my belly, Mama.

No comments: