Saturday, May 3, 2008

boyish memories


He says little things all the time that give me pause. . . Witticisms. . . Views of the world. . .

And memories. . .

Can a five year old boy really have memories beyond this past year?

Tonight. . .

He told me of when he used to throw blue and green (his beloved blankies) on the floor. . . Just so I would come in and pick them up (such a little stinker). . . I remember. . .

And he was two. . .

And days ago, at bath time. . .

Mama, do you remember when I got too big for the blue seat in the tub?
Yep, I do. A sad day. . . A reminder that he was growing so big. . . No longer a baby. . .
And fearful. . . Can he really be ready to balance on his own. . . Was he ready to sit all by himself in the tub? Wouldn't he slip under the water. . .

And again, he was two. . .

And he did just fine. . . but I cannot believe he remembers those days that should be almost a lifetime ago in his childhood years. When waiting for Disney next month is just too far away. . . and will never get here. . . And summer is a lifetime. . .

And yet, he remembers. . . Moments that I will never forget.

No comments: