Sunday, August 24, 2008

the dog walk. . .


We took Max to the annual Run around the Square in Regent Square.

Sam ran the 5K, while Max and I did the 1.5 mile fun run (or walk. . . or drag. . .).


Regent Square is beautiful. Absolutely love to walk down the bricked streets.

Many older homes with beautiful architecture. . . I walked around in bliss. . . Dreaming. . .

Max tried really hard. He didn't pull me along. . . Although I had to pull him along. . . And sometimes carry him along. . . The starting gunshot really startled his little puppy self.

One of the highlights of the race is the crowd participation. So many people along the way cheering you (and those cute little puppies) along. Ringing bells. Playing music. Love the music part. Violin. Keyboard. Trumpet. Love it.

Max? Not so much. The gunshot made him. . . well, gunshy. And I had to plead. Threaten. Pull. And finally, carry. And let me tell you, that little boy. . . 50 pounds. . . Not so light. . .

But, he was very good around the other dogs. And we had a wonderful time.

Looking forward to next year. How about you, Maxie?





No comments: