Thursday, July 3, 2008

THAT was fun!


He has been waiting for the go ahead to play outside in the rain. . .

Something I remember doing as a girl. Going outside in my turquoise Snoopy rain boots that pulled over my shoes. . .with an umbrella. . .and splashing in the rain as it came down. . . And as the summer grew warmer, splashing . . . bare feet puddle-licious. . . in the warm rain.

Loved it.

Felt so free. . .

Jack, caught up in my memories, has been waiting for a summer rain to run free in.
And it happened this afternoon after my childhood friend Valerie left (after a wonderful afternoon visit with her kiddos. . .so much fun). . .
He played for a long time. . .
Exclaiming whole heartedly: that was fun! as I greeted him at the door. . . soaking wet. . .through and through. . . and you could just feel the bliss in his voice.



Memories made.

So happy.

No comments: